You have a love story. You found the love of your life, the person you want to spend a lifetime with. And now you are planning a wedding! You get one day to celebrate the love you and your fiance share, and it has to be amazing!
There are a million questions to ask and just as many decisions that have to be made to make one day the perfect day. Where do you even start? How do you know which vendors to trust? How can you find exactly what you want? The list goes on and on. That is where LUXE comes in.
You need a planning company that fully understands your story and can create an event that is completely personalized to your lives; who you are as individuals and couples. You deserve a company that makes every effort to create an event experience that embraces what you both enjoy and wish to share with your guests.
At LUXE, we do all of this and more. We become true friends with our clients and we fall in love with our clients’ love stories. We become emotionally invested in not only our client’s event but also our clients’ lives. Our clients aren’t just people we plan events for; they are people we care about. It is that relationship that paves the way for truly wonderful, personalized events that are a mirror of our clients as people and their hopes for the future.
It’s a wedding ~ do-overs aren’t an option . . .
Casper & Beyond | 307.259.1867 | stenglemedia.com
BRYCE & CEIRA’S LANDER ENGAGEMENT
Perhaps it’s because Ceira (the bride) was one of our former dance teachers at our Laramie Dance & Arts Center that we also own … perhaps it’s the historical flare she and Bryce chose when they selected their engagement shoot venue to be the Pioneer Museum in Lander … perhaps it’s the emotion Virginia Ruth captured in this beautiful shoot … or yeah, maybe it’s just all of that. Whatever it is, I LOVE these images … I can’t wait to see their wedding pics!!
Congrats to these two lovebirds, and thanks to Ginny of Virginia Ruth Photography for sharing!
Congrats to Jenelle & Clay!
Congrats to Jenelle and Clay, who were married May 27, 2017 in Douglas at the Wyoming State Fairgrounds! Thanks so much to Lacey Dale Photography in Lusk, who shared this gorgeous wedding with us. She had a lot of fun with Jenelle’s desire for black & white photography (although she threw in some color too for us, which I LOVE!), and she loved the emotion in their day. “Clay was the cutest groom ever!” Lacey exclaimed. “He was like a little kid when he saw her for the first time by the river.” (Say it with me — awwww!) 🙂 “They were so family oriented throughout the whole entire day,” Lacey added. “Their friends and family meant everything to them.” LOVE!
Thanks to Carol Thomas of A-One Weddings & Events in Cheyenne for providing us with this handy little checklist!
Wedding Rentals – Make sure you have all the needed items!
Having an outdoor event or using a venue that doesn’t provide every item needed (or the
items that they provide don’t meet your style)? Well let’s talk rentals!
The starting point:
● Check which vendor provides what –
○ venue to see what they include in the price.
○ caterer to review what they include in their price. If you need to provide rentals for them, what do they need and will they unpack and repack the rentals?
● Contact a rental company with your total guest count, the budget you would like to work within (be realistic and honest, as a truly professional company will guide you to the best options), and if you have examples of styles that you like, provide those too!
Some items you may want to consider and discuss with your wedding rental company:
● Outdoor wedding:
○ Do you need a tent? Is it the main venue or will it just be your backup plan if the weather is unpleasant?
■ Will you want fabric draping, chandeliers, or other specialty decor?
■ You may also want to consider heating or A/C depending on the season and weather forecast.
○ Will you need power? Will you need generators to provide electricity for the DJ, band, caterer, and lighting? (These are a few suggestions that will need power, it’s not an exhaustive list!)
○ Restrooms? If you’re outdoors will you have adequate restroom facilities? Estimate around 4 stalls for women and 3 stalls for men per 150 guests.
● All venues:
○ Tables and chairs: You will also want to check if they are provided and meet your expectations at any venue you choose. Remember to include ceremony seating and any special situations like musicians that need seated while playing. In addition to tables for your guests you may need
tables for buffets, cake, and gifts.
○ Dance floor. If you are outdoors this may be a necessity, and if your
venue doesn’t have one or you dislike the one they have you will want to
make sure you have this in your list of rental items.
○ Linens and napkins. There are an array of fabrics, patterns, and colors to choose from, and linens are a wonderful way to customize your wedding and showcase your style! Renting linens ensures that they arrive clean and pressed and that you won’t have to deal with the hassle of cleaning/storing/selling them after the wedding.
○ Dinnerware, flatware, and barware. The best way to figure out what you need here is to start with the venue, caterer, and bartenders to see what they provide and any recommendations they will provide. Your wedding rental professional will answer any questions and assist you with
recommendations and suggestions.
— There are other rentals that may appeal to you depending on the look and atmosphere you would like to create from lounge furniture to ceremony decor like archways. Check with your local wedding professionals to learn about the options you have available.
● If your caterer is placing an order with the rental company, see if they will add your items to their order so that the wedding rentals are all delivered at the same time. This will keep you from having to pay multiple delivery fees, and if all rental items are from the same company you won’t have to keep the orders separate to make sure that they are returned to the correct rental company.
● Inquire if the company charges damage waiver fees and what these fees cover and, just as importantly, what is not covered.
● Review cancellation policies, deposits, retaining fees, and payment arrangements.
Written by & images provided by:
Carol Thomas, Professional Wedding Planner with A-One Weddings & Events event
rental specialist providing rentals throughout Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado
Casper’s Pump House Events Combines Ease + Beauty + Breathtaking Views!
(click for more info on Alison Brady)
Tate Pump House text & image courtesy Pump House Events
Walking the Platte River Trail along the White Water Park in Casper is a great way to discover a beautiful wedding venue.
Pump House Events is located at The Tate Pump House in Casper, and is an ideal venue for brides who wish to have their wedding ceremony and reception in the same place.
The Tate Pump House is a lovely historic brick building with an adjoining patio mere steps from the North Platte River with Casper Mountain as a majestic backdrop. The Pump House boasts manicured lawn areas with a pedestrian bridge that spans the river and offers perfect views for exquisite and romantic wedding photos.
Inside, the Pump House offers a stunning, refined event space perfect for dining and dancing the night away. Huge windows provide guests magnificent views throughout your reception.
The venue is equipped with a large catering kitchen to afford your event a full-service experience. All cleaning before and after your event is included in the rental, as well as tables and chairs, all set-up and tear down of the space and the services of a Certified Wedding Planner/Professional Event Coordinator onsite. The resident Wedding Planner is the first person to arrive and the last to leave. She remains on the property for the entirety of your event. Her job it is to make your function a memorable success, by doing everything from bussing tables and refilling beverages, to providing attentive service to each and every guest, and making sure the bride’s vision is achieved.
Asked what makes Pump House Events unique, their Professional Event Planner, Robyn Reynolds Fischer, zeroed in on three special qualities: “First, our view. We are fortunate to be located in a dream location situated at the river’s edge, with stellar views of Casper Mountain, but also within walking distance of downtown Casper. That means our brides don’t have the additional expense of paying vendors to deliver tables, chairs, food, tents, etc. to a venue located miles from town.”
“Secondly, we offer the services of a Certified Wedding Planner.” Robyn Reynolds Fischer has been coordinating ceremonies and receptions for over two decades, and has an extensive background in food and beverage management. Before moving to Wyoming, she co-owned a restaurant with her husband in South Carolina and previously worked for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Atlanta.
“Lastly, the Tate Pump House has an exceptional history. Originally, the Pump House was just what its name implies. It was a water pumping station that sent water to Midwest and the Salt Creek Field. After the Pump House was gifted to the Platte River Trails Trust in 2007, the facility was generously turned into a community gathering place, outfitted with public restrooms and seasonal kayak and float rentals, to foster recreation by the North Platte. Any profits made from renting the Event Space, are used to maintain the Pump House so it continues to be the ideal place for runners, walkers, cyclists, kayakers and others who want to enjoy the river and the trail system in Casper.”
If the Tate Pump House sounds like a venue that has everything you need for your ceremony and reception, or if you want more information about hosting your event, contact the Tate Pumphouse at 307.577.1206.
What People are Saying about Tate Pump House …
Amanda M. — “We had our wedding reception here! It turned out completely beautiful. Not to mention how much help Robin was when it came to setting everything up from the vendors to the actual tables and chairs for the event! I couldn’t have done it without her! Thank you so much!”
Heidi Nicol — “As the owner of HQ Southern BBQ, we have had the pleasure of catering several events at The Pump House. Located right on the North Platte River, it is a stunning venue with great spaces inside and out. Working with Robyn, the events coordinator, has always been a joy. She is on top of every detail and makes sure every event is elegant and runs smoothly. Her southern charm is like none other. We are proud to be a partner with such a great venue. If you are looking for a great space for your next event, this is a must see!”
Alyssa J. — “We had our wedding at the Tate Pump House and I don’t know if we could have found a better fit for what we wanted. Robyn was amazing through the whole thing. She had great suggestions, answers, and was great at listening to what we wanted. She was wonderful to work with and made things so much easier! The wedding turned out beautiful and I don’t think we could have asked for better. I highly recommend the Tate Pump House for any event.”
I am in love with this gorgeous Casper wedding, full of color & bling and captured by Riverton’s Virginia Ruth Photography! Jessica & Matt had a lot of elegant + colorful touches … totally digging the coral + navy combo, the Blessing Tree and the paper lanterns! Their ceremony was held at Casper Plant Company, with their reception at The Gaslight Social, flowers by Keefe’s Flowers and their DJ was Dynamic Sound & Light of Casper. Thanks Virginia Ruth Photography for sharing!
JACKIE & NICK’S CASPER WEDDING
photography by Ardent Photography
Thanks to Ardent Photography for sharing Jackie & Nick’s beautiful wedding with us! Their beautiful wedding took place at the Casper Country Club June 24 – and we are in <3 with these beautiful pics, including of their pooch Toby!
Tim & Steph
Tim & Steph were married on May 27 in a gorgeous wedding full of personal details. Riverton’s Virginia Ruth Photography captured these beautiful images of their day … I’m in love! <3